Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate
The autumn chill is setting in and it’s time to take your traditional hot chocolate recipe up a notch with this simple twist on a classic! Today, we’re bringing you a creamy, rich Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate to share with friends and family. Whip it up in larger batches for a party offering that’s sure to please! It’s a fall-in-a-cup masterclass in coziness, and it couldn’t be easier to make.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup whipped cream
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon (optional, for topping)
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg (optional, for topping)
TIP : You can easily sub out the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice for canned pumpkin pie mix. Be careful, though! You’ll be putting that stuff in everything..yum.
It’s really this simple!
- Whisk the milk, cream, chocolate chips, and cocoa powder together in a saucepan over medium heat until chocolate chips are melted and hot chocolate is smooth—about 3 to 5 minutes. Then, stir in pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice until fully incorporated.
- Pour hot chocolate into 2 mugs. Top with whipped cream; sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg or desired toppings over whipped cream.
Give this easy recipe a try and let us know how it turns out! Better yet, put your own spin on Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate and share your awesome ideas! Wishing you warm nights and hearts from your friends at Sofas & More.